This is the part of your life that you should tear out the stress and live your life to the fullest – retirement.
It is important that you should keep busy in this time of your life. According to studies, retirees who keep a busy schedule and continue social relationships and communication tend to lead happier retirements. Moreover, it is also shown that having retirement activities can decrease developing diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Here are the 10 ideas to keep you up and running after retirement.
- Act like a tourist in Singapore with your friends. Create an itinerary to visit museums, parks and other local places. Use local transportation to discover the local areas and interesting shops that you’ve never visit before.
- Go out and exercise. It is also important that you should exert yourself in physical and mental exercises. Do physical exercises in gyms or parks whenever you feel comfortable. Likewise, engaging in intellectual conversations and solving puzzles helps keep your mind fresh.
- Start a business. Now that your career is over, start a small business that you’ve wanted. Think about your previous career experience and start a consulting firm.
- Rebuild your home. Manage your time for home improvements. It is a good time for you to remodel your place like arranging some stuff or big project like adding on additional space since you have got time now to think what are the things to be improved.
- Be a volunteer. Utilize your time in retirement to give back. Reach out your local NGO or church to discover volunteer opportunities that suit your skills.
- Spend time with loved ones. It is also the moment to rekindle your romance with your spouse. You can encourage him to take some walk at the park and go to the groceries together.
- Explore the new things. Retirement is just not the period of your life. It is also the bridge to try something new such as Zumba, art classes, and learning new languages. This period is the time for you to step up your hobbies and start your life again.
- Have a small farm. Engage yourself in planting at your backyard. Start with the easy plants like vegetables. It is also save your money since you have a small farm right at your home and you would not be able to buy those in the groceries.
- Take up a new sport. Stay active by taking a marathon. You can also encourage your grandchildren to have a bonding time together.
- Start a blog. Learn how to blog and start sharing your life experiences to others.
Do you want to consider these ideas? Share your retirement plan and stories in the comment section We’re very delightful to hear it from you!